According to a recent study by the Boston Consulting Group, almost two in every three job seekers globally say they would be willing to move abroad for work – “a startlingly high proportion that says a lot about the evolving marketplace for talent.” Today, talent is as mobile as it has never been before but finding, attracting and keeping the right talent for your organization is as much of a challenge as it ever was.
Most international and global businesses today understand that talent management and global mobility need to be closely aligned. Some companies even realize that organizational culture should be at the heart of their talent strategy, and that their global mobility functions should share the same cycle.
On October 22, 2014, at 11:00am EST, Höferle Consulting will partner with talent.imperative and InterKon Associates to deliver an exclusive, free webinar to business and HR leaders of internationally operating mid-market companies.
This is an introductory and free online seminar for executives and HR leaders within internationally operating mid-market companies. The 60-minute session focuses on tools and best practices to improve culture, talent acquisition and organizational talent management alignment. A a must for anyone in a senior management/executive level role or Human Resources leadership position.
- Only 13% of the global workforce is engaged. (Source: Gallup 2013)
- CEOs identified “human capital” and “customer relationships” as the most pressing challenges their companies will face in 2014. (Source: The Conference Board 2014)
- 61% of all failed expatriate assignments end prematurely because the assignee and the family are unable to adapt to the hist location. (Source: Cartus 2014)
- A study involving almost 6,000 managers and executives confirms that notion – the most important corporate resource over the next 20 years will be: Talent – smart, sophisticated players who are technologically literate, globally astute, and operationally agile.
Has your organization adjusted to the changing talent landscape? Is your company effectively aligned between business functions and HR to attract and retain the very best? Is your organization aligned between Europe and the North American team when it comes to general management, management styles and talent strategy? Do you speak the same language but don’t understand each other?
- Why is talent a business imperative in the 21st century?
- What talent trends affect how you should prioritize your investment in 2014 and beyond?
- How do you align talent to business strategy and create accountability at every step?
- What are current motivators and what is the mindset of Top Talent and “passive candidates”?
- Why do you need to optimize talent acquisition and retention to attract and retain the very best?
- What are pitfalls and advantages when working with different cultures?
- What are some of the strategies to adapt and adjust behaviors in light of cultural differences?
- How can you best leverage multicultural synergies in a European/American enterprise?
- How can you improve business performance and human collaboration?
We look forward to welcoming you to our joint session.
This webinar has a limited number of seats and registrations will be handled on a “first come, first serve” basis.
Matthias Zeuch (Host)
Until 2012, Matthias Zeuch was heading up different Human Resources organizations at Daimler/Mercedes-Benz. The 24 years of his career included HR management positions in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Greater China. In total, Matthias Zeuch has been responsible for HR work in more than 40 countries. Mr. Zeuch recently founded HRMnext Limited. HRMnext provides training and consulting in Human Resources Management and has locations in Hong Kong, Berlin and Beijing. Matthias Zeuch is a frequent speaker at major global HR events.
Nicole Dessain, M.A., PMP, CPT is the founder of talent.imperative, a next generation talent management consultancy that guides our clients in surfacing their most pressing talent questions, crunches data to answer them, and customizes solution ns to realize value through talent. Nicole is an Accenture-trained consultant and talent management practitioner with over a decade of global experience advising HR and business leaders on their talent strategy and people programs. She is dedicated to sharing her passion for talent insights with the HR and business community by serving as speaker, writer, and trainer. Nicole published the innovative white paper “talent.trends 2014” and is a co-author of Springer’s upcoming Handbook of Human Resources Management.
Gustav Mueller is Managing Director at InterKon Associates LLC. InterKon is an international executive search & consulting firm specialized in serving European companies operating in North America. InterKon Associates supports clients in locating and integrating key talent for management & executive level positions. InterKon also advises European companies operating in North America on the topics of talent acquisition and how to effectively align the business side with Talent management. Mr. Mueller has over 18 years of multinational experience as a manager, executive and management consultant. InterKon is a member of NAPS (National Association of Personnel Services) and also has a partner office in Frankfurt, Germany.
Christian Höferle is the founder and President of Höferle Consulting. The firm works closely with multinational companies to develop their global talent. Höferle Consulting provides cultural training and coaching, expatriate support and relocation services, and language instruction. German by birth, Tennessean by choice, and Bavarian at heart, Christian has been living in the United States for more than a decade. During this time he has worked with small and mid-sized businesses as well as Fortune 500 and Dax companies from various industries, such as automotive, chemical, IT, manufacturing, engineering, and HR services. Christian currently serves on the leadership committee for the Tennessee Chapter of the German-American Chamber of Commerce.